Thin, boneless pork chops might not sound like much at first, but when done right, this budget-friendly pork staple has a lot to offer come dinnertime. Picture this: Savory Baked Pork Chops beautifully seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder are baked to juicy, flavorful perfection, and the whole chebang only took you 20 minutes to pull off -- start to finish. These chops are easy to make and ideal for a quick-cooking, weeknight dinner!
When it comes to baked boneless pork chops done right, all you need is a full-flavored seasoning blend, a no-fail temperature-and-time cooking combo...and, of course, this recipe.
WHAT KIND OF PORK CHOPS SHOULD I USE?
When you're preparing to cook protein, you should pay special attention to the cut of meat, as well as the size called for in the recipe. For instance, this Baked Pork Chops recipe calls for boneless pork loin chops that are a ½" thick.
What should stand out to you here is not only the cut of pork but the fact that they are boneless and half an inch thick (i.e. about the width of your pinky finger). Both of these factors make a difference when it comes to cooking time, especially the thickness of the chop.
BAKED PORK CHOPS INGREDIENTS
- Boneless Pork Loin Chops - Pork loin chops are a lean cut of pork that hails from the loin area of the pig (see the diagram above).
- Oil - You can use just about any type of oil to coat your pork chops, although we prefer flavorless oils for this recipe (e.g. canola or avocado oil).
- Seasoning - The seasoning for savory Baked Pork Chops is a simple, yet extremely flavorful, mix of Kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder.
If you have time, try our easy pork chop brine to add even more flavor!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED PORK CHOPS
- Prep the Chops - Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel. This simple step removes all of the excess moisture from the surface of the chops, which in turn allows for the oil to stay in place. If the oil stays in place, so will the seasoning. Next, transfer the pork chops to the baking sheet and rub them all over with the oil.
- Add Seasoning - Combine the salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and onion powder in a small prep bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops evenly with the seasoning and rub to adhere. Be sure to use all of the seasoning, leaving no inch of chop uncovered.
- Bake - Bake for 18 minutes (or until the internal temperature registers between 145-150°F), allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our Stuffed Pork Chops next!
HOW LONG TO BAKE PORK CHOPS
If you're working with standard-sized, thin boneless pork chops that are a half-inch in thickness, cook them at 375°F for 18-20 minutes.
HOW TO TELL WHEN THEY'RE DONE
The best way to tell when your pork chops are cooked through is via the use of an instant-read thermometer. The ideal temperature reading for doneness ranges between 145°F and 155°F.
Other ways to tell if your pork chops are done is by either feel or sight. If you poke at your pork chops and they are soft in the middle, with a good deal of give, they're likely not done. If however, you poke the middle of a chop and it is extremely firm, you're probably past the point of well done. A perfectly cooked chop will fall somewhere in the middle.
Pork chops are okay to eat if they are slightly pink in the middle, as long as the juices are running clear. If the juices do not run clear, the chops should be returned to the heat source to continue cooking.
ARE BAKED PORK CHOPS HEALTHY?
Baked Pork Chops made from boneless pork loin chops are considered a lean and healthy protein, weighing in at only 243 calories per chop with 29 grams of protein to offer.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PORK CHOPS
5 MORE PORK CHOP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Pork Steaks (also known as Blade Steaks) are a budget-friendly cut of pork, rich in marbling and loaded with big flavor. This is an easy, one-pan dinner idea for tender, flavorful steaks that cook up fast in the skillet and end up on your plate swimming under a sea of savory Brown Onion Gravy!
- Pork Chop Casserole features tender, juicy pork chops baked on a bed of creamy scalloped potatoes. It’s all topped off with stretchy cheese, crispy-crunchy Panko bread crumbs, and baked until golden brown.
- Smothered Pork Chops are thick and juicy pan-fried pork chops braised in a velvety smooth gravy. Serve your chops over fluffy white rice and smother them with onion gravy.
- Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon is a one-skillet meal that not only satisfies your deepest comfort food craving, but it’ll also have you out of the kitchen fast!
- Crispy Baked Pork Chops with a crispy panko coating are baked to perfection; always tender, never dry!
Baked Pork Chops seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder are baked to juicy, flavorful perfection. These chops are easy to make and ideal for a quick-cooking, weeknight dinner!
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, ½" thick
- 1 tablespoon canola or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
Preheat the oven to 375°F and have ready a rimmed baking sheet, preferably lined with foil.
Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel, transfer to the baking sheet and rub all over with the oil.
Combine the salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and onion powder in a small bowl and mix to combine. Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops evenly with the season and rub to adhere. Use all of the seasoning.
Bake for 18-20 minutes (or until the internal temperature registers between 145-150°F), allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!