To make a great Caesar Salad, you’ll need a great dressing. Smooth, tangy, and speaking its own love language of Parmesan, black pepper, and garlic, Creamy Caesar Dressing simply cannot be beaten.
It’s far better than anything you’ll find in the bottle, which makes it hard to believe it comes together as quick and easy as it does. After just 10 minutes, you’ll be drizzling your new favorite dressing over a bed of crisp Romaine lettuce. Top it off with crunchy croutons and shards of Parmesan cheese. Then, serve your Caesar Salad as a dinnertime entree with sliced chicken or shrimp, or as a side salad to complete any meal!
Want to get a little “extra” with it? Try these Shrimp Sandwiches filled with perfectly cooked shrimp, crisp Romaine lettuce, creamy Caesar dressing, and Parmesan cheese stacked on a toasty Ciabatta Bun.
DOES CAESAR DRESSING HAVE ANCHOVIES?
We know the thought of “anchovies” brings a cringe to most faces, and we get it — anchovies as a stand-alone snack? Not for the masses. But, anchovies in a Caesar Dressing Recipe? Absolutely delicious.
Don’t worry. We aren’t going to send you digging around for filets in a jar for this recipe. Instead, we’re going to enlist a little something called anchovy paste. Anchovy paste is a salty paste that comes sold in a tube, likely near the tomato paste in your grocery store. It’s made of anchovies, olive oil, and salt, and adds a great deal of umami flavor to dishes…not a fishy one.
CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped Garlic
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Dijon Mustard
- Anchovy Paste
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Olive Oil
HOW TO MAKE CAESAR DRESSING
Homemade Caesar Dressing is extremely easy to make. There’s very little chopping (even less if you use your food processor), and the rest is just a simple matter of adding ingredients to a bowl and whisking them together.
- Prep – Chop the garlic extra fine, grate the cheese, and juice the lemon.
- Combine Ingredients – Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl (except for the olive oil) and stir.
- Add Oil – Then, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
- Serve – Toss your dressing with chopped Romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan shavings, and enjoy!
EASY CAESAR DRESSING IN THE FOOD PROCESSOR:
You can use your food processor or a blender to make quick work of homemade dressings. If using this method, don’t worry about mincing the garlic — a rough chop will suffice. Then, simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
HOW TO MAKE A CAESAR SALAD
For the whole Caesar Salad chi bang, you’ll need Romaine lettuce, Parmesan Cheese, croutons, Homemade Caesar Dressing (of course), as well as salt and pepper. From time-to-time, we like to throw in a batch of roasted grape tomatoes for an extra pop of color and flavor. Roasted tomatoes are not traditional in a Caesar Salad, but they are, however, a completely delicious one.
- Cut and Wash the Romaine – Cut the hearts in half, leaving the root intact, and place halves cut-side down on the cutting board. Make two lengthwise cuts, starting about a 1/2″ above the root and cutting all the way to the tip of the leaves, as to cut each half into thirds. Then, cut into 1″ strips and transfer to a salad spinner or colander. Rinse under cool water, dry, and add to a large bowl.
- Shave the Parmesan – Using a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan wedge into small strips over the Romaine lettuce.
- Toss the Salad – Add the croutons, the desired amount of dressing, and an additional pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
HOW LONG DOES HOMEMADE CAESAR DRESSING LAST?
IS CAESAR DRESSING KETO?
Yes. It is considered Keto-friendly.
DOES CAESAR DRESSING HAVE DAIRY?
Yes, there is likely dairy in most Caesar Dressing Recipes due to the Parmesan cheese. If you’d like to make your dressing dairy-free, leave out the Parmesan.
IS CAESAR DRESSING GLUTEN-FREE?
Yes, it is 100% gluten-free!
IS CAESAR DRESSING PALEO?
No. Most Caesar Dressing Recipes are not paleo and must be modified to fit this diet. If you’re looking for a Paleo Caesar Salad Dressing, try this one.
3 MORE HOMEMADE DRESSINGS YOU’LL LOVE
- Easy Ranch Dressing is quick and easy to make. Featuring mayonnaise, sour cream, minced garlic and a simple mix of dried and fresh herbs.
- Poppy Seed Dressing with the right amount of sweet and tang. It’s the perfect creamy consistency, and an ideal companion to any spring, summer, or fruit salad!
- Honey Mustard Dressing is perfect for both drizzling and dipping. It’s sweet and tangy perfection, and it all comes together in 2 minutes or less!
Homemade Creamy Caesar Dressing is smooth, tangy and speaking its own love language of Parmesan, black pepper, and garlic. Only takes 10 minutes to make!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper plus extra for finishing salad
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt plus extra for finishing salad
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
Add all of the ingredients, minus the olive oil, to a small mixing bowl and stir.
Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking all the while.
If using a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients (including the oil) and process until smooth.
Toss your Homemade Caesar Dressing with chopped Romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan shavings, and enjoy!
Makes about 1 1/2 cups of dressing.