If you are a hostess at heart, or regularly attend potluck gatherings throughout the year, this Caramel Apple Dip with cream cheese, salted caramel, and chocolate toffee is a must-have for your recipe arsenal.
Caramel Apple Dip is a simple layered dip made up of a sweet cream cheese base, a drizzle of caramel, and finished off with a topping of chopped chocolate toffee candy. It’s accompanied by a border of sliced apples, and you’ll find people are drawn to it the moment it hits the table.
The tangy cheesecake-like base against sweet and sticky caramel topping is a wonderful combination, and the crunch of chocolate toffee is the perfect ending to every single bite. All of it works so well together spread across the surface of a cool, crisp apple slice — it is, in a word, completely addictive.
HOW TO MAKE 10-MINUTE CARAMEL APPLE DIP
The recipe came together in less than 10 minutes. We could all use a little more of those — the kind of recipes you can pull out of your back pocket, take practically no time at all, and absolutely wow the crowd. Yes, please.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips, and toffee and smooth over serving dish.
- Top with caramel and more toffee, and serve!
1. START WITH ROOM-TEMPERATURE CREAM CHEESE
Caramel Apple Dip begins with a cheesecake-like base consisting mainly of cream cheese and powdered sugar, along with vanilla and salt. You can mix it up in a stand-mixer and a paddle attachment or a mixing bowl and your handheld mixer. The mixture should come together in just a few minutes.
2. ADD CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND TOFFEE
or an extra special touch and a little more texture, a handful of chocolate chips and chopped toffee are folded in.
3. TOP WITH CARAMEL AND MORE TOFFEE
On top of the cream cheese layer goes a happy serving of Smuckers Salted Caramel, and then you’ll sprinkle a generous serving of chopped chocolate toffee over the top, and that’s all there is to whipping up a 10-minute Caramel Apple Dip!
Note, there is a difference between the plain, chopped toffee bits you might find in the baking aisle and the chocolate toffee bits that come from the Heath bar. Sometimes the packages of pre-chopped Heath bars can be hard to find. If this is the case, just make your way to the candy aisle of the grocery store, grab yourself some Heath candy bars and chop away.
HOW TO SERVE CARAMEL APPLE DIP FOR A PARTY
Once the base of theCaramel Apple Dip comes together, I like to spread it across the bottom of a clear 9″ pie dish, and add my toppings from there. This way, people can see those yummy, decadent layers.
Place the dish on a large round platter surround sliced red and green apples, and maybe even a variety of shortbread cookies and gingersnaps.
SERVING TIP FOR APPLE SLICES
You don’t want to prepare apple slices too far in advance as they are prone to browning. However, there is an easy way to keep them looking fresh longer.
To help keep the apple slices from turning brown too soon, fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and squeeze the juice of a lemon into the water. Then, add the apple slices to the water and let them soak for about 5 minutes.
Remove the slices from the water and lay on a clean dish towel to dry. Pat dry, and transfer to a serving platter alongside the Caramel Apple Dip.
YOUR NEW FAVORITE PARTY DIP
The first time we had Caramel Apple Dip was at a Christmas party we were hosting a few years back. A cousin had brought it over as a potluck contribution, and many of us flocked to her dish…and then kind of just stayed there…for the rest of the night. This recipe has since made it to the top of the list my when it come to easy entertaining.
With its almost cheesecake-like base, a layer of gooey caramel, and those crunchy little chocolate toffee bits, not only is this sweet party dip a perfect combination of flavors and textures, it’s positively beautiful accompanied by a colorful array of sliced apples. This 10-minute Caramel Apple Dip is the perfect addition to any party. Please, enjoy!
5 MORE SWEET DIP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip is an easy, no-bake cheesecake dessert is made simple with a cream cheese base and a canned cherry pie filling.
- Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Fruit Dip is a quick and easy lemon fruit dip made with cream cheese and lemon curd.
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Fruit Dip is a light cream cheese fruit dip featuring raspberry preserves, greek yogurt, and lemon.
- Baked Brie with Jam and Honey is an elegant and simple appetizer recipe featuring baked brie with jam, honey, and almonds. Try with strawberry, apricot or raspberry jam!
- Baked Brie with Apples and Walnuts is an addictively yummy brie appetizer, featuring baked brie topped with cinnamon apples and walnuts smothered in a quick and easy caramel sauce.
A caramel apple that comes together in 10 minutes or less featuring cream cheese, caramel, and chopped chocolate toffee!
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (1.4 ounce) Heath bars finely chopped, separated
- 2/3 cup Smucker's salted caramel
- Sliced red and green apples for serving
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a handheld mixer and a large mixing bowl.
Add the miniature chocolate chips, 1/4 cup chopped toffee and mix once more just until evenly incorporated.
Spread the mixture evenly across a 9" pie dish ( or a serving vessel of your choice) and drizzle with salted caramel. Smooth over with an offset spatula and sprinkle with the remaining toffee. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.