This is my go-to recipe the night after I whip up my no-fuss Pork Loin Roast, which is so, so ridiculously easy make by the way. Large cuts of meat are the best ever for leftovers, and I can usually stretch them into 2-3 days worth of meals. I love that this little piggy right here is one cut of meat, but we are about to dominate it in two completely different ways. One is a Leave-It-To-Beaver type of American preparation, and the other, a quick little vacay south of the border. It’s like globetrotting on a weekday.
The thing is, both of these recipes are crazy simple, making dinnertime such a breeze, you may feel like you’re on a little staycation of your own. I won’t go into too much in depth about the perks of delicious pork loin recipe here, but I will say this taco recipe makes a whole lot more if you keep in mind that it is based on Pork Loin Roast leftovers.
I am so obsessed with these tacos. It almost seems unfair that we would be rewarded with such an exhilarating burst of flavor, for such a minimal amount of work, but then again, they do say the best things in life are free. I enlist the help of my handy-dandy food processor to whip up a quick chipotle dressing to coat the meat, throw in a few cubes of cooked pork, and give it all a whir. But what about the toppings for our pork tacos? Well, that’s just a simple matter of slicing up a little goodness in the form of avocado and red cabbage. However, if you want to take this chopped pork taco to the next level, which I highly recommend giving this aioli whir. It only requires a little extra touch but puts some serious power behind knocking these tacos out of the park. Please, enjoy.
The perfect dinner idea to use up your leftover pork loin -- Pork Loin Tacos! An easy recipe equipped with a dreamy chipotle-mayo sauce, avocado, and more!
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced cilantro
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Adobo sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Adobo sauce from bottled or canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups 16 ounces leftover Pork Loin Roast (or cooked pork loin), cubed
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- To make the sauce, in a small mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, zest and juice of one lime, 2 teaspoons of Adobo sauce and a 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- For the pork, in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add oil, 1/4 cup of adobo sauce, chili powder, sugar, cumin, 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, paprika and pepper, and process until well mixed. Add pork cubes, and pulse until finely chopped.
- Have ready a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped pork to the pan, and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until hot. Set aside until ready to use.
- To assemble the tacos, place pork atop one or two (stacked) corn tortillas atop your work surface. Top with avocado slices and cabbage. Drizzle over Chipotle-Lime Aioli, serve and enjoy.
Would pair well with: