Creamy, crunchy, sweet, savory — sometimes you really can have it all. At least when it comes to this Mexican Corn Dip Recipe made with cream cheese and jalapeños, that is. Sweet corn, jalapeños, and Cheddar are coated in a zesty, creamy sauce, making for one dangerously delicious, crowd-pleasing appetizer that’s sure to liven up any party!
Make it ahead and serve it cold, or serve it right away at room temperature, it’s perfect alongside Fritos, tortilla chips, or even fresh veggies for scooping!
Looking for more to do with corn? You’ll love these zesty dips too! Bookmark Texas Caviar with corn, black-eyed peas, and peppers and this Mexican Bean Salad with corn, avocado, and black beans for your next party!
Mexican Corn Dip comes together quickly and with great ease! First, you’ll whip up that creamy, zesty base, then in goes the good stuff!
FOR THE DIP BASE:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lime Juice
- Spices (Salt, Garlic Powder, and Pepper)
This is a cream cheese-based dip, making it smooth, rich, and a little tangy. In addition to the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise smooth things out a bit, making it the perfect “dippable” consistency, and a little lime juice brightens up the flavor profile, bringing both zestiness and acidity to the party!
NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF:
- Canned Corn
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Red Bell Pepper
There is a small bit of chopping required for this seriously tasty Mexican Corn Dip, so plan accordingly — it will likely take you 10-15 minutes, depending on your knifework.
Rest assured, the fresh vegetables in your dip do indeed make a difference, taking this dip to the next level of delicious!
IN A HURRY TO PARTY? CUT BACK…
If you’re looking to get this party started right now, there are a few short cuts you can take:
- Cut back on the ingredient list. Although they do add quite a bit of flavor, you can totally get by without the green onions and cilantro.
- You could also cut back on the prep time by swapping out the red bell pepper for a jar of diced pimento peppers instead. Stick with the measurements indicated in the recipe card either way.
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN CORN DIP
1. MAKE THE BASE OF THE DIP
Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Then, using a handheld mixer on medium-high speed (or a whisk) until the mixture comes together and is smooth in texture.
2. STIR IN THE VEGGIES AND CHEESE
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated in the sauce.
CAN YOU MAKE IT IN ADVANCE?
Absolutely! Serve this dip right away or refrigerate it until ready to serve! Feel free to make it up to 24-48 hours in advance, and allow those flavors to mingle for a day or two. It won’t affect anything but your willpower to resist a scoop.
WHAT TO SERVE IT WITH
You can serve Mexican Corn Dip with Fritos, tortilla chips, or any vegetable that can be cut into “dippable” form!
- Tortillas Chips
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- Strips of Bell Pepper
HOW LONG CAN IT BE LEFT OUT?
Most recipes containing dairy will allow for a 2 to 3-hour safe zone of sitting out at room temperature.
6 MORE CREAM CHEESE DIPS YOU’LL LOVE
- Cream Salsa Cheese Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- French Onion Dip
- Jalapeño Artichoke Dip
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip by House of Nash Eats
A quick and easy Mexican Corn Dip Recipe made with cream cheese, jalapeños, red bell pepper, and more! Serve it alongside Fritos, tortilla chips, or even vegetables!
- 1/2 package cream cheese, room temperature (equals 4-ounces)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole-kernel sweet corn, drained
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced jalapeños (about 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed if desired)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use a handheld mixer on medium-high speed to blend until the mixture comes completely together and is smooth in texture.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated in the sauce. Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.