Yogurt Fruit Dip with Lemon is a creamy, luscious dip that tastes just like Lemon Cheesecake, only without all those pesky carbs!
Ten minutes and a few simple ingredients is all you need to get this beauty on the table, and you’ll find it perfect for light snacking, parties, and brunches.
WHAT’S IN YOGURT FRUIT DIP?
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Mascarpone Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Store-Bought Lemon Curd
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Zest
This lemon fruit dip starts with a cream cheese base: A mixture of both Italian Mascarpone cheese and good ol’ fashioned cream cheese.
WHAT IS MASCARPONE?
If you’re wondering about the Mascarpone, it’s similar to American cream cheese, just a bit softer in consistency, and not quite as heavy in flavor. You can typically find it in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store.
The cream cheese most of us know and love is added for that scrumptious cheesecake component. Yes, please. Next, goes in some whole-milk vanilla yogurt and store-bought lemon curd. And, to make it extra lemon-y and bright, a tidbit of freshly squeezed lemon juice and some zest.
HOW TO MAKE YOGURT FRUIT DIP
When all of the ingredients come together, Yogurt Fruit Dip with Lemon is addictively delicious and there is no tastier way to indulge with fresh fruit.
- Mix together room temperature mascarpone and cream cheese using a stand or handheld mixer.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix once more.
- Chill and serve.
1. FOR A SMOOTH AND CREAMY DIP, DO THIS:
Keep in mind that the mascarpone and the cream cheese need to be at room temperature to keep little curd-like specs from showing throughout your dip. These, of course, are completely edible, but not very attractive.
Once you have the mascarpone and cream cheese blended and smooth, you can add the remaining ingredients.
2. ADD THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Add the lemon curd, vanilla yogurt, lemon juice and zest to the cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
3. CHILL AND SERVE
Yogurt Fruit Dip is best served chilled so if at all possible, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Yogurt Fruit Dip can set out for up to 2 hours at room temperature and will keep refrigerated stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOGURT FRUIT DIP
Bright red strawberries look especially lovely next to a platter of Yogurt Fruit Dip with Lemon, but you can serve it with a number of items:
- Honeydew Melon
When choosing other fruits for your fruit platter, keep in mind you want the fruit to be dippable, consider how quickly it browns once cut, and try to avoid fruits with a crazy high water content like watermelon, as it will water down your dip.
Apples are great for dipping but they brown quickly. To keep them from browning as quickly, fill a bowl with ice-cold water and squeeze the juice of a lemon into it. Then, soak the slices in the water for 5-10 minutes, remove the bowl and pat dry before transferring to your platter.
4 MORE SWEET DIPS YOU’LL LOVE
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip is creamy, light and fluffy, but best of all, consists of only 3 ingredients and comes together in about 3 minutes flat.
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip is an easy, no-bake cheesecake dessert is made simple with a cream cheese base and a canned cherry pie filling.
- Raspberry Fruit Dip is a light cream cheese fruit dip featuring raspberry preserves, greek yogurt, and lemon. Sweet, just a little tangy, and absolutely perfect for dipping!
- 10-Minute Caramel Apple Dip with cream cheese, salted caramel, and chocolate toffee is incredibly easy, perfect for dipping apples, and a must-have for your recipe arsenal!
A quick and easy Yogurt Fruit Dip that tastes just like lemon cheesecake! Made with cream cheese and lemon curd. Perfect for parties, shower, and brunches!
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese room temperature
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup store-bought lemon curd
- 1/4 cup whole-milk vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine Mascarpone and cream and cheese on medium-high speed until homogenous. If you don't have a stand mixer, use a medium-sized mixing bowl and a handheld mixer.
Add in the lemon curd, yogurt, lemon juice and zest. Mix once more until thoroughly combined.
Transfer fruit dip to a serving bowl and allow to chill. Serve and enjoy.