Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip is an addictively delicious dip, featuring an easy, creamy ranch base, diced bacon, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BACON CHEDDAR RANCH DIP
Making a homemade ranch dip is easier than one might think: It begins with sour cream and mayonnaise. Dried seasonings like dill and onion powder give it that signature ranch flavor, as well as fresh ingredients like minced garlic and snipped chives. A dash of hot sauce and cayenne pepper gives this ranch dip a tiny touch of heat, and add vinegar for a hint of tang.
Pan-seared bacon and freshly grated Cheddar are folded in, and that's all there is to it! An easy dip, that can be made in advance, sure to satisfy any guest, at any party.
FRESH INGREDIENTS VS. STORE-BOUGHT
Now, for the bacon and Cheddar. I am an advocate for "homemade is best," and this recipe is no exception. Bacon is chopped and thrown into a pan and cooked until crisped and browned.
Using real bacon, rather than minced up, store-bought bacon bits not only gives the dip a great deal more flavor but also texture. Bacon pan-seared at home still has a little crunch to it, and the quality far exceeds the rubbery, artificial flavors of store-bought bacon bits.
If you have never grated your own cheese, now is a great time to start. You will taste the difference in freshly grated cheese, versus pre-packaged cheddar. Pre-packaged cheese is coated with wax to keep the cheese from clumping and molding, and it affects the flavor.
Using block Cheddar cheese, freshly grated, yields a great deal more flavor, and again, texture.
Every time I've made this dip, I have regretted not making a double batch, because once people start in on it, it's hook, line, and sinker.
Folks, I kid you not, pulling yourself away from the bowl will prove to be a difficult and arduous task.
This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip is perfect for game day parties...or pretty much any gathering. Real, fresh ingredients set this version apart from the rest, and you and your guests will taste and love the difference. Please, enjoy.
5 MORE DIP RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon is a cream cheese and sour cream based dip with crispy bacon and sweet onions.
- Crock-Pot Queso with taco meat features ground beef with taco seasoning, Velveeta, and Rotel. Easy to make and feeds a crowd! Plus, the secret ingredient that makes for the perfect consistency.
- Dill Dip is a classic party dip that is fresh, tangy and full of flavor thanks to the simple additions of spices and herbs. The best part? It comes together in just 5 minutes. Whether you serve it on a vegetable platter or alongside potato chips, you can rest assured — the crowd will be sending droves of compliments your way.
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip is cheesy baked dip that keeps guests coming back for more!
- Artichoke Jalapeño Dip is the perfect combination of savory and spicy and features flavorful marinated artichokes, minced jalapenõs, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
The ultimate ranch dip loaded with bacon and freshly grated Cheddar cheese!
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced chives plus extra for garnish, if desired
- 1 teaspoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cup freshly grated Cheddar cheese
In a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crispy, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside on a paper towel to absorb the excess grease.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, minced garlic, chives, vinegar, hot sauce, dill, salt, onion powder and cayenne. Fold in the bacon and Cheddar cheese, reserving a small pinch of each for garnish (if desired). Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish and serve along side your favorite potato chips and enjoy!