The perfect balance of fruity and tart, French Martinis are made for easy sipping. Sweet pineapple juice is perfectly balanced by tangy, full-bodied Creme de Cassis, add vodka, a squeeze of fresh lemon, and you’ve got a deceptively easy, sophisticated cocktail for all to enjoy.
FRENCH MARTINI INGREDIENTS
- Vodka – The primary ingredient in a French Martini is vodka. Use a quality vodka for best results.
- Creme de Cassis or Chambord – As far as liqueurs go, you can use either Creme de Cassis or Chambord. Creme de Cassis comes from berries called black currants. Black currants are both bitter and tart, yet deeply flavorful. Chambord, on the other hand, is a black raspberry liqueur that is a little more sweet than tart.
- Pineapple Juice – This is a fruit-forward, easy-sipping cocktail and that is partially thanks to the pineapple juice. A juice that is particularly skilled at masking the flavor of hard liquors.
- Lemon – There’s nothing that will set apart a cocktail quite like a little freshly squeezed citrus. Brighten up your French Martini, and take it from good to great with a simple squeeze of a lemon wedge!
HOW TO MAKE A FRENCH MARTINI
- Add Ingredients To a Shaker – Add the vodka, creme de cassis (or raspberry liqueur), pineapple juice, and the squeeze of a lemon wedge to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake – Add the lid, seal tightly, and shake vigorously for 30 to 45 seconds. Note, a properly shaken martini has ice crystals floating across the top of the glass, so shake hard!
- Strain and Serve – Strain your French Martini mix into the glass, serve, and enjoy!
4 MORE MARTINIS YOU’LL LOVE
- Coffee Martinis are chocolatey and rich with spice. The perfect beginning, or ending, to any meal!
- Apple Pie Martinis are a festive cocktail idea mimicking the flavors of apple pie! Featuring vodka, Horchata liqueur, and apple cider.
- Lime Martinis are similar to French Martinis — fruity and tart. They boast a flavor combo of lime and ginger and go down smooth with a little island flair!
- Cherry Cheesecake Sippers are a Valentine’s Day cocktail made to taste like cherry cheesecake!
The perfect balance of fruity and tart, French Martinis are made for easy sipping! Mix together pineapple juice, Creme de Cassis, vodka and fresh lemon.
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce creme de cassis or Chambord
- 3 ounces (about 1/3 cup) pineapple juice
- Squeeze of a lemon wedge
Add vodka, cassis, pineapple juice, and the squeeze of a lemon wedge to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Add the lid and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds.
Strain into a martini glass, serve, and enjoy!