Lime and ginger are a classic combination, and it won't fail you in cocktail form. You'll find this Lime Martini with Rum goes down smooth -- tangy, with sweet undertones and a little island flair.
THE PERFECT RUM COCKTAIL
This Rum Cocktail Recipe is perfectly balanced in flavor thanks to a stellar blend of ingredients, and you'll find it a smooth and easy drink to take down.
- White Rum
- Ginger Liqueur
- Simply Lime Limeade
- Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
Ginger liqueur does not have a pungent ginger flavor, but rather provides gentle undertones of ginger and adds a little extra sweetness to your martini.
The base of the Lime Martini is, of course, lime. Lime and limeade to be more precise. You can find limeade in the refrigerated section of the grocery store, near the orange juice. The brand we like best for cocktails is Simply Lime Limeade. The fresh lime juice will provide the added kick and tartness needed to balance out your Rum Cocktail.
HOW TO MAKE A LIME MARTINI?
An indication of a good martini is ice crystals floating across the top of your glass so be sure to have your shaker and a good deal of ice ready, especially if you are making multiple Lime Martinis.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Pour ingredients over ice, cover tightly, and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and enjoy!
The Lime Martini Recipe below is for one cocktail. You can fit about 2 servings in a cocktail shaker if you'd like to make more than one at a time.
5 MORE COCKTAIL RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- Cinnamon Chocolate Martini is chocolatey and rich with spice. The perfect addition to any party and a stellar ending to any meal!
- Apple Pie Martini is a simple and festive cocktail mimicking the flavors of apple pie! Featuring vodka, Horchata liqueur, and apple cider.
- Pimm's Cup features Pimm’s, fresh lemon juice, and ginger beer. The perfect refreshing, warm weather cocktail!
- Strawberry Lemon Cooler is bright and citrusy cocktail featuring crushed strawberries, Meyer lemons, elderflower liqueur, and gin.
- Blueberry Gin Fizz is a light and refreshing cocktail featuring gin, raspberry liqueur, blueberries, and mint. Perfect for keeping cool hot summer day.
A zesty martini featuring ginger liqueur and rum!
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 3 ounces Simply Lime Limeade
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur
Cut the lime in half lengthwise and cut each half into thirds. Set aside until ready to use.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and top with limeade, rum, and ginger liqueur. Squeeze in the juice of one lime wedge.
Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini glass, serve and enjoy.