Inside two pieces of crusty bread lies an addictive merger of flavors. Succulent and juicy shredded chicken, crispy, salty bacon padded down on both sides with a tangy, melty homemade pimento cheese.
Perfect for parties and entertaining as all the ingredients can be prepared in advance and cooked at the last minute. Plus people will adore you for feeding it to them.
A delicious grilled sandwich stuffed with shredded chicken and pimento cheese!
- 6 Slices Thick Cut Bacon cut into thirds
- Baguette or a narrow loaf of French bread, cut on a major bias into 3/4” slices
- ¾ c TAK’s Pimento Cheese
- 3 c Shredded Chicken see TAK’s Perfectly Cooked Chicken Breast for recipe
- 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Cook bacon in batches over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet for 10-12 minutes, until crispy. Set aside on the plate lined with paper towels until ready to use.
To assemble the sandwiches, spread about a tablespoon of pimento cheese across each slice of bread. Top one slice with about a ¼ cup of shredded chicken lay two slices of bacon across the chicken in an “x” shape and top with a slice of bread, pimento cheese side down.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on both sides of the bread and set aside. Repeat until all of the sandwiches have been assembled. Have ready a cast iron skillet or a large sauté pan warmed over low heat. Place sliders onto the pan, taking care not to crowd. All to cook 4 minutes, carefully flip using a spatula and press down on the sandwich to compress it slightly. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until perfectly golden and melty.
Makes about 8 small sandwiches.
If you are short on time, consider using a store-bought Pimento cheese and a rotisserie chicken.
Would pair well with:
Ice Cold Beer