A sandwich featuring kielbasa sausage, savory sauteed peppers, spicy arugula and a tangy mustard sauce.
If you are looking for a souped-up semi-sophisticated dog recipe, this one has your name written all over it. It features Kielbasa, a traditional Polish sausage full of wonderful spices and bursting with flavor. While this creation may appear intricate, it is a surprisingly quick and easy meal to assemble. There is minimal chopping involved and the simple mustard sauce is beyond basic.Every ingredient enhances the other and in it’s completion it is tangy, salty and just a tidbit spicy. Perfectly suited for curing any hot dog craving. Enjoy!
Sliced Kielbasa sausage served hot dog-style, topped with mustard sauce and fresh arugula.
- 2/3 c Heavy Cream
- ¼ c Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 16 oz Fully Cooked Kielbasa Link cut into ½” sliced on a bias
- 1 Yellow Onion sliced paper thin
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 8 High-Quality Hot Dog Buns
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 c Baby Arugula washed and ready to use
- Preheat oven to 400° For the mustard sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together and combine cream, dijon and yellow mustard. Set aside until ready to use. For the Kielbasa dogs, cut off the top of the pepper, about a ¼” from the stem. Remove the seeds and slice into paper-thin ringlets. Set aside until ready to use.
Add oil and butter to a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, add Kielbasa and sauté 8 minutes or until it begins to caramelize. Remove from the skillet and place onto a plate and set aside.
Add peppers and onion to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and paprika about 6-7 minutes or until wilted looking. Add half of the mustard sauce to the vegetables, stir to evenly distribute and remove from the heat.
Place hot dog buns on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive and bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden. To assemble the dogs, add arugula to the bottom of the bun, top with Kielbasa, evenly distribute pepper mixture over the top and drizzle with extra mustard sauce. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Would pair well with: