Melon Fruit Salad is colorful and vibrant with zingy Lime Sherbert vibes thanks to a quick and easy Honey-Lime Dressing with mint! Not only is this salad a healthy way to cure your sweet tooth cravings, but it’s perfect for spring or summer entertaining!
Today, in addition to a seriously easy and very tasty fruit salad, you’ll get tons of helpful tips for:
- How to pick the best melons!
- How to easily cut cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon into bite-sized pieces.
- Plus, how long your Melon Fruit Salad will stay fresh in the fridge!
WHAT’S IN MELON FRUIT SALAD?
Melon Fruit Salad packs a ton of flavor thanks to both the melon and the dressing. The fruit is as follows: Cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon.
It’s all tossed and saturated in a zesty dressing, infiltrated with fresh lime, chopped mint, honey, and yogurt. The end product tastes very similar to lime sherbert, and it is completely delicious.
- Lime Juice
HOW TO PICK THE BEST MELON
The best way to pick both Honeydew and Cantaloupe for your Melon Fruit Salad is by smell. If it is not fragrant, it is probably not ripe. Also, these melons should feel heavy for their size.
When picking a watermelon, look for a white patch somewhere along those green stripes. This patch indicates the melon has had enough time to sit and ripen.
HOW TO MAKE MELON FRUIT SALAD
- Cut the fruit or use a melon baller to scoop it out.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a blender (or small food processor) and process until smooth.
- Pour dressing over the melon and stir to combine.
HOW TO CUT MELON FOR FRUIT SALAD
Turn the melon upside down, so that it is resting where it’s stem once was. Cut in half, and using a soup spoon, scrape out the seeds (if any). If you are not using a melon baller, you would begin cutting each half in half and continue doing so until you have a total of 8 slices.
Using a paring knife, cut along the rind, gently moving the blade back and forth, and carefully applying a bit of pressure to the melon slice with your other hand in order to straighten it out a bit. Once the rind is removed, begin cutting the melon into bite-sized pieces for your Melon Fruit Salad.
MAKE THE HONEY-LIME DRESSING
The dressing for fruit salad is very easy to make and comes together quickly thanks to a little technology. Your blender (or food processor) will ensure all of the ingredients blend together beautifully and quickly.
DRESS AND SERVE!
Melon Fruit Salad will be at peak freshness within a day or 2 of making it, so it’s best if the fruit is pre-chilled before you cut it up. This way, you can serve the salad as soon as its dressed! However, it can be served after a few hours in the refrigerator or the next day.
5 MORE SALADS YOU’LL LOVE
- Watermelon and Arugula Salad features cubed watermelon, arugula, cucumbers, Feta cheese and a perfect Serrano-Lime Vinaigrette to top it all off. A flavorful sweet salad recipe for warm weather!
- Watermelon, Strawberry, and Avocado Salad is a healthy and refreshing summer salad topped with fresh mint and a sherry-orange vinaigrette.
- Shrimp and Tomato Salad is a simple salad perfect for lunch or dinner that comes together in a flash! Shrimp, tomatoes, and Romaine lettuce are topped with a creamy, homemade Green Goddess Dressing.
- Panera’s Fuji Apple Chicken Salad has become a cult classic! It’s a flavorful salad, full of chicken, blue cheese, and dried apples.
- Texas Caviar is a zesty dish that can be served as a side salad or an appetizer! Perfect for parties featuring black-eyed peas, peppers, onions, and corn!
Melon Fruit Salad is a colorful and vibrant fruit salad with lime sherbert vibes thanks to a quick and easy Honey-Lime Dressing with mint!
- 1 chilled cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 chilled honeydew, halved and seeded
- 1 chilled small seedless watermelon, halved
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 teaspoons freshly minced mint leaves
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the flesh of each melon and place in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Alternatively, cut the melon into bite-sized pieces.
To make the dressing, combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
Just before serving, pour dressing over melon and toss to combine.