Peach Margaritas made by the pitcher are the perfect party cocktail for any summer gathering! This twist on a classic margarita is made easy thanks to store-bought peach nectar and features tequila, orange liqueur, and freshly squeezed lime juice!
PEACH MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
- Peach Liqueur
- Orange Liqueur
- Peach Nectar
- Fresh Lime Juice
When it comes to Peach Margaritas, all of the basic margarita elements remain — tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice. However, this gem gets a little extra love thanks to the addition of peach liqueur and nectar.
ABOUT PEACH NECTAR
Peach nectar is a wonderful ingredient for sprucing up cocktails. You can use it in the place of orange juice in a mimosa, mix it in with a little vodka, amaretto, and lemon juice, but our greatest peach nectar obsession of all serves as a substitute for sweet-and-sour and takes margaritas to a whole new level.
WHERE TO FIND PEACH NECTAR?
You’ll often find good, high-quality peach nectar in a bottle near the organic juices of most large grocery chains. If you can’t find peach nectar in the bottle, you can also find it in can form in the juice or soda aisle of your grocery store.
WHICH TEQUILA TO USE?
You can pick just about any tequila you like for Peach Margaritas. Top-shelf or bottom-shelf tequila, silver or gold tequila. It’ll all work just fine.
ORANGE LIQUEUR (OR TRIPLE SEC)
Grand Marnier and Cointreau are both great orange liqueurs, but they can be pricey. Feel free to substitute in triple sec if needed for more budget-friendly Peach Margaritas.
HOW TO MAKE A PITCHER OF PEACH MARGARITAS
- Juice the limes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a pitcher and stir.
- Pour over ice and enjoy.
Peach Margaritas come together very quickly and very easily. The only prep requires extracting fresh lime juice. From there, it’s a simple matter of stirring together your ingredients and pouring the mixture over ice!
TIPS FOR SQUEEZING LIMES
You’ll find larger limes, with a smooth, soft rind are easier to juice than small, rigid limes. A citrus juicer or reamer makes extracting lime juice a breeze. If you don’t have one, below are few tips to help you get the most out of your limes.
- Microwave the lime for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Roll it against the counter with a little force.
- If the lime is very hard and difficult to squeeze (and you are without a reamer or juicer) try twisting the inside with a fork!
DRESSING UP YOUR MARGARITA PITCHER
Rather than using ice that could melt and water down a pitcher of Peach Margaritas, consider using a bag of frozen peaches! This, in combination with thinly sliced limes cascading across the pitcher, makes for a beautiful presentation.
And, while this is pretty, it is certainly not necessary. If you plan on serving a pitcher of Peach Margaritas right away, the ice is not an issue at all.
MAKE-AHEAD PEACH MARGARITAS
If you’d like to mix up your margaritas in advance, just keep the pitcher refrigerated and wait to add ice until it is time to serve, or simply pour the cold mix over iced glasses.
HOW TO MAKE A SUGAR RIM FOR MARGARITAS
To make a sugar rim, you’ll need to do it before adding the ice to the glasses. Pour a 1/4 cup of sugar onto a plate. Then, take a lime wedge and run it around the perimeter of the glass. Press the rim of the glass into the sugar until it is coated all the way around.
4 MORE MARGARITA RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas are made easy with frozen strawberries and limeade! No fancy blender needed!
- Coconut Margaritas taste like a tropical creamsicle and feature freshly squeezed orange juice, lime juice, coconut cream, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- The Ultimate Guide to Margaritas At Home — Top-shelf margarita at home will cost you less per drink than a bottom-shelf margarita just about anywhere else. Try these classic renditions frozen, on the rocks, or as Mexican Martini!
- Blood-Orange Margaritas are easy to make and a pleasant twist on the margarita! Featuring ginger liqueur and sparkling blood orange soda.
A delicious and refreshing Peach Margarita recipe featuring tequila, orange liqueur, and peach nectar.
- 2 cups frozen peaches (optional)
- 6 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces peach liqueur such as Mathilde Peach Liqueur
- 3 ounces orange liqueur such as Cointreau
- 2 cups peach nectar
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 10 limes)
Fill a beverage pitcher with frozen peaches or ice. Add tequila, peach liqueur, orange liqueur, peach nectar, and freshly squeezed lime juice. Stir to combine.
Have ready four margarita or rocks glasses and filled with ice. Pour the Peach Margaritas over the ice, serve, and enjoy.