Life is full of tough decisions, but choosing between your favorite cookies shouldn’t be one of them. These great big Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a 3-for-1 cookie recipe with a winning combination of creamy peanut butter, old-fashioned oats, and chocolate chips!
Easy to make and no chill required, this cookie dough comes together in 10 minutes, and always bakes up soft, thick, and perfectly chewy!
PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INGREDIENTS
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda – Remember! Baking soda and baking powder are not the same ingredients which means the two are not interchangeable. Be sure you use baking soda for best results.
- Unsalted Butter – Do not use salted butter when a recipe calls for unsalted butter.
- Sugar – You’ll need both granulated and brown sugar for these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies! You can use either dark brown or light brown sugar. Whatever you have on hand is fine.
- Peanut Butter – Cooking making is not the time for healthy peanut butter. Stick to the good ol’ fashioned creamy kind.
- Vanilla Extract
- Oats – Be sure not to confuse old-fashioned oats (a.k.a. rolled oats) with quick-cooking oats when picking out your ingredients. For thick and chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, you’re going to want the old-fashioned kind. Old-fashioned oats have a firmer texture, whereas quick-cooking oats are thinner and tend to meld into other ingredients when baked.
- Chocolate Chunks (or Chips) – You can use either semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chocolate chips for this recipe. If you are using chocolate chips, you’ll need to cut back the quantity from 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 cup…unless you just really love chocolate. In that case, feel free to leave it as is!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Mix the Dry Ingredients – To begin, you’ll mix together your dry ingredients — the flour, baking soda, and salt — in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set the bowl aside, and get started on the wet ingredients!
- Mix the Wet Ingredients – You can mix your wet ingredients in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or in a large bowl using a handheld mixer. Add the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well. Note: Before you add your dry ingredients, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix once more to ensure your cookies spread properly when baking.
- Add Dry Ingredients to Wet Ingredients – Once your batter is looking smooth and well-combined, add the dry ingredients and slowly mix them in. Then, add the oats and chocolate chunks and mix once more.
- Scoop and Bake – Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough onto your cookie sheet. For easy removal, make sure you line the cookie sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Space each cookie about 1 1/2″ apart to keep these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from baking into one another and transfer to the oven for about 14 minutes.
- Set and Serve – Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to them to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes to set up before transferring them to a cooling. Then, serve and enjoy!
5 MORE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies take less than 15 minutes to whip up, require zero chill time in the fridge, and melt in your mouth with every single bite!
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies feature a classic and beloved combination and are the all-time, ultimate homemade gift for the peanut butter lover.
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies are a quick and easy peanut butter dessert, coming together completely in one saucepan. No baking, no mess, and full of salty-sweet deliciousness!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make, feed a crowd, and satisfy every single one of your chocolatey, peanut butter cravings!
- Thumbprint Hershey Kiss Cookies are always a hit come Christmastime, and these miniature peanut butter cookies with a kiss inside are no exception!
Great big Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are a 3-for-1 cookie recipe with a combination of peanut butter, oats, and chocolate chips!
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (do not use salted butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks (or 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips)
Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Add the melted butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix on medium-high speed until blended. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a large mixing bowl and a handheld mixer to combine.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix once more. Then, with the mixer on low, mix in the dry ingredients. Add the oats and the chocolate chunks and mix to combine.
Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, spacing each about 1 1/2" apart and bake for 14 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Serve and enjoy!