Nothing says Summer like a fun and fruity cocktail! Pineapple Margaritas are a quick and easy drink to make at home, serve to friends by the pool, or whip up at the beach house. This recipe is simple but adds a little pizzazz to your average, at-home margarita.
This cocktail is vibrant, refreshing, and the perfect beat-the-heat treat! The zesty lime to sweet pineapple ratio gives you the ultimate balance of sweet and sour, and the tequila adds just the right amount of boozy flavor. Plus, this recipe requires no special bar tools or skills!
PINEAPPLE MARGARITA INGREDIENTS
- Tequila | You can use a silver or reposado tequila in your Pineapple Margarita.
- Triple Sec | Triple sec is an orange-flavored liqueur and an essential ingredient in any traditional margarita recipe! Our favorite margarita liqueurs are Cointreau or Grand Marnier. Use Cointreau if you like your cocktails on the sweeter side, and Grand Marnier if you prefer less sweetness.
- Pineapple Juice | Pineapple juice is naturally sweet and tart, making it an absolutely perfect candidate for sprucing up a margarita!
- Lime Juice | Be sure to use fresh lime juice and only fresh lime juice in your margaritas! A standard-sized lime will yield about ¾ ounces of juice.
- Simple Syrup | Whether or not you'd like to add simple syrup to your Pineapple Margarita all comes down to personal preference. If you like your margaritas less tart and more sweet, simple syrup it is. But, for those of you who prefer a dryer cocktail (meaning less sweet) omit the simple syrup entirely.
For more tropical flavors, try our Coconut Margarita next!
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Per the usual, our cocktail recipes are designed both for those who know their way around whipping up crafty cocktails and those without specialty equipment at home.
You don't need fancy bar tools or even a shaker to make a perfect Pineapple Margarita. But, if you're a mixologist at heart and love all those fancy gadgets that come along with it, we've got you covered too.
For another easy cocktail, try our Homemade Margaritas!
If you don't have a cocktail shaker, grab yourself a measuring pitcher, a spoon, and a short, 8-ounce glass filled with ice.
Once you have your "equipment" ready, add the tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup (if using) to the measuring pitcher. You can use the measure-markers on your pitcher to measure your ingredients, although you will have to do a little bit of addition as you go!
Then, stir the ingredients together for about 30 seconds, and pour over ice.
If the sound of clinking ice and a cocktail shaker really gets your engine going, you can, of course, use a shaker to whip up Pineapple Margaritas!
Add ice to your shaker, followed by tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec, lime juice, and simple syrup (if using). Seal the shaker and vigorously shake for 30 seconds. Pour into the glass and serve!
Love a pineapple cocktail? try out our Pineapple Mojito next!
HOW TO GARNISH A PINEAPPLE MARGARITA
Before you begin whipping up your Pineapple Margaritas, you'll need to decide whether or not you'll be adding a salt, sugar, or Tajin rim to the glass.
Tajin is a red Mexican seasoning blend that is all things salty, citrusy, and even a teensy bit spicy. It's often used to enhance the flavor of fresh fruit, making it absolutely perfect for these margaritas!
There's the classic way to add a margarita salt rim, and then there's the current trend. The newest cocktail fad is to add a salt, sugar, or Tajin rim to only one side of the glass, leaving the other side bare.
So, to serve up major trendy vibes alongside your Pineapple Margarita, grab yourself a lime wedge and rub it in a circular motion around one side of your glass. Have ready ⅓ cup Kosher salt, granulated sugar, or Tajin on a small plate.
Then, dip the side of your glass in your garnish of choice and gently press down until the seasoning adheres.
A fresh pineapple wedge and a slice of lime will also make for a festive Pineapple Margarita garnish!
6 MORE MARGARITAS YOU’LL LOVE
- Skinny Margaritas
- Cadillac Margaritas
- Mexican Martini
- Strawberry Margarita On the Rocks
- Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Coconut Margaritas
Pineapple margaritas are fresh, cool, tangy, and sweet. The perfect drink to beat the heat and impress your guests at the same time!
- 1 ½ ounce (3 tablespoons) Reposado or Silver tequila
- ½ ounce (1 tablespoon) orange liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or Triple Sec)
- 5 ounces (⅓ cup) Pineapple juice
- 1 ½ ounce (3 tablespoons) fresh-squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) simple syrup* (optional -- see notes below)
Add ice to a rocks/short cocktail glass or a margarita glass.
In a beaker or measuring pitcher, combine the tequila, orange liqueur, pineapple juice, lime juice, and simple syrup (if using). Stir until well-combined.
Pour over the ice, serve, and enjoy.
*If you like your margaritas on the sweeter side, use simple syrup. If you prefer your cocktails on the dryer side (meaning less sweet) do not use simple syrup; the pineapple juice will be plenty sweet enough.