Reece’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a gorgeous, mile-high pie equipped with a creamy peanut butter filling, speckled with decadent bites of chopped Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups. The fluffy filling sits on top of an Oreo pie crust, and the whole shebang is finished with a cascade of dreamy whipped cream.
If you’re feeling extra decadent, add more Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups across the top, alongside a welcomed drizzle of chocolate syrup.
The filling for this No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is, of course, no-bake, and comes together in a mere matter of minutes. This is a year-round dessert perfect for entertaining and potluck parties, and it works as beautifully on a hot summer’s day BBQ as it does on the Thanksgiving dessert table, as well as every gathering in between.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie consists of three main elements, two of which can be as homemade or as store-bought as you’d like them to be.
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE CRUST
Homemade Oreo Pie crust is easy to make and comes together lickety-split thanks to the food processor. Even if you don’t have a food processor, you can easily slam out a homemade rendition with a zip-top bag and a rolling pin.
For a homemade Oreo pie crust, you’ll need:
- Oreos (Filling Intact)
- Melted Butter
Of course, the only downside to making your own Oreo pie crust is the recipe is no longer entirely “no-bake.” This is a sacrifice some might not be willing to take, and if this is a deal-breaker for you, simply purchase a pre-made Oreo pie crust from the baking aisle of your grocery store.
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE FILLING
The filling for No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is rich and creamy, smooth and decadent, and über peanut buttery. Thanks to the addition of cream cheese, the pie filling holds together all on its own and all it takes is a simple mix. The filling ingredients are as follows:
- Cream Cheese
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered Sugar
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
Any time you are blending ingredients together and there is no heat involved (e.g. pie fillings, frostings, cold dips, etc…), it is especially important that the ingredients are at room temperature. Otherwise, they will not blend properly. Therefore, it is important that both your cream cheese and butter are at room temperature for this recipe.
WHIPPED CREAM PIE TOPPING
The last element to your No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is the whipped cream topping. Whipped cream, much like the crust and the filling, is crazy easy to make. However, storebought substitutions can be made.
Here’s what you’ll need for a homemade rendition:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
If you’d like to dress up your whipped cream topping, even more, drizzle it with a touch of chocolate syrup and an extra sprinkle of chopped Reece’s just before serving.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- Make the Oreo Crust – Add the Oreos to the bowl of a food processor and process until fine crumbs appear. Add the butter and continue processing until the mixture appears evenly moistened. As mentioned earlier, you could also use a ziptop bag and a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. The mixture goes into a pie dish and is baked. Be sure you allow the crust to cool completely before using.
- Make the Whipped Cream – To make homemade whipped cream, simply add all of your whipped cream ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, and mix until the cream has thickened and holds its shape when the whisk attachment is turned upside down.
- Mix Up the Pie Filling – Pie filling does not get easier than this. All you need to do for a perfectly decadent, creamy Reece’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie filling is add the ingredients to a bowl and mix until smooth. But, remember, the key to a silky cream cheese filling is room temperature cream cheese and butter.
- Assemble the Pie – Once your filling ingredients are combined, you’ll add in some chopped Reece’s Peanut Butter cups and spread the filling across the cooled Oreo pie crust. Then, spoon a heaping layer of the whipped cream across the top.
- Chill Before Serving – Before cutting into your Reece’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, give it time to chill so it will stand up tall and slice neatly when cut into. Refrigerate until completely chilled through (2-3 hours), or up to overnight, before serving.
- Garnish – Before you serve the pie, make extra irresistible and drizzle the whipped cream topping with chocolate sauce, and finish with an extra sprinkle of chopped Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups.
5 MORE PEANUT BUTTER DESSERT YOU’LL LOVE
- Cap’n Crunch No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie features a Golden Oreo and Cap’n Crunch crust with peanut butter pie filling made of salted caramel and cream cheese. The perfect make-ahead party dessert!
- Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies are the ultimate quick and easy peanut butter dessert, coming together completely in one saucepan…in less than 10 minutes! No baking, no mess, and full of salty-sweet deliciousness — this classic truly checks all the boxes.
- Thumbprint Hershey Kiss Cookies always yields a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie perfect for topping with a chocolate Hershey kiss.
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a treat bound to go over well with any generation, and they’re made even better with peanut butter. They come together quickly and are gooey, soft and stretchy peanut butter deliciousness!
- Peanut Butter Blondies are a fan-favorite, salty-sweet dessert to savor with every single bite. Sink your teeth into one of these for a peanut buttery, melt in your mouth bar cookie!
Smooth, decadent and extra creamy, this easy Reece's No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie recipe with an Oreo crust is perfect for any time of year!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch fine sea salt
- 1 Chocolate Oreo Pie Crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, separated
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling (if desired)
Add whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Mix on high for 2-3 minutes, until the cream has thickened and holds its shape when the whisk attachment is turned upside down. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a large mixing bowl and a handheld mixer. Set aside until ready to use.
Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt to the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, and begin mixing on low. Turn speed to medium-high and mix until smooth and creamy. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a large bowl and a handheld mixer to mix.
Add 3/4 cup of chopped Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, and mix until evenly incorporated. Spread the filling across the Oreo crust and smooth over the top.
Spoon a heaping layer of whipped cream over the peanut butter filling and smooth over the top, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled through (2-3 hours), or up to overnight, before serving.
Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup (if using) and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped Reece's.
An easy recipe for perfect homemade Oreo pie crust.
- 26 Oreo Sandwich Cookies (with filling intact)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350° and have ready a greased 9" pie dish.
Add the Oreos to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until fine crumbs appear. Remove the feed tube, and with the processor running, slowly pour in the butter. Continue processing until the mixture appears evenly moistened. See notes below if you do not have a food processor.
Transfer the mixture to a greased pie dish, and gently press across the bottom of the dish, into and up the sides. Bake for 12 minutes and remove from the oven to cool completely.
If you do not have a food processor:
- Place the Oreos in a ziptop bag and seal. Crush with a mallet or rolling pin until the cookies are completely broken up and fine crumbs appear. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour the butter over the cookies and stir to combine.