Easy to make and loved by all, S’mores Cookies topped with a gooey marshmallow and melty chocolate are perfect for parties, gift-giving, and everything in between!
WHAT ARE SMORE’S COOKIES?
Leave open flames and messes behind –these S’mores cookies are better than the real thing. Each cookie comes equipped with its own gooey marshmallow and melty chocolate. The base of the cookie even has that signature S’mores flavor. In fact, this dough was especially created to emulate the flavor of graham crackers!
S’MORES COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter – Be sure you use unsalted butter for your cookies. Salted butter would make them overwhelmingly salty.
- Brown Sugar – You can use light or dark brown sugar for this recipe. Whatever you have on hand is fine.
- Honey – Honey gives these one-of-a-kind S’mores Cookies that signature graham cracker flavor!
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips provide these cookies with an extra chocolatey oomph, and come speckled all throughout the cookie base! If you’re not crazy about chocolate, you can leave them out altogether.
- Marshmallows – Be sure you get the standard-sized jet-puffed marshmallows. Not the minis or the jumbos!
- Hershey Bars (or Hershey Kisses) – You have options when it comes to the chocolate topping for your S’mores Cookies! Top them with a piece of a chocolate bar or Hershey Kisses.
HOW TO MAKE S’MORES COOKIES
Before you begin whipping up your cookie dough, there are two preliminary items you’ll want to knock out first. Ready the chocolate (either break the bars into pieces or unwrap the Hershey Kisses) and grab a pair of food-safe scissors and cut the marshmallows in half.
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Then, add chocolate chips.
- Scoop and bake at 325° for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies, top with marshmallows and return to bake for 6 minutes.
- Top with chocolate as soon as they come out of the oven and allow to cool slightly.
FOR A GOOEY MARSHMALLOW TOPPING…
If you were to add your marshmallow to the cookies at the very beginning of their bake time, the marshmallow would fall flat and melt, losing all of its oomph completely by the time the cookie finished baking. The trick to getting that signature gooey marshmallow texture in the center of your S’mores Cookies is to add it after they are more than half-way done baking.
HOW TO STORE (AND FREEZE) S’MORES COOKIES
Store your Smore’s Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Your cookies will stay fresh tasting for up to 4 days. If you’d like to enjoy your cookies for a length of time beyond this, you should consider freezing them.
S’mores Cookies freeze beautifully, and all you need to do to freeze them is allow them to cool to room temperature (completely), then transfer them to an airtight, freezer-safe container, separating them with layers of wax paper. Once the cookies are frozen, transfer them to freezer-safe ziptop bags to save on space, if needed.
You can freeze your cookies for up to 3 months without compromising flavor.
5 MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Hershey Thumbprint Cookies are always a hit and these dreamy peanut butter cookies with a kiss inside are no exception.
- Cowboy Cookies are addictively yummy with a perfectly moist, thick and chewy center, loaded with extras like coconut, pecans, and old-fashioned oats.
- The Best Chewy M&M Cookies are perfect for holidays…or chore bait, whatever floats your boat. The perfect cookie base, all dressed up with colorful M&M’s!
- Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies come with big cinnamon flavor and a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are everything you know and love about classic, bakery-style peanut butter cookies, only made better thanks to the addition of melty chocolate chips.
- 3 1/4 cups All-Purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15-18 jet-puffed marshmallows
- 6 Hershey Bars or 30-36 Hershey Kisses (unwrapped)
Preheat the oven to 325° and have ready two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Use a sharp pair of kitchen shears to cut the marshmallows in half and set aside.
For the dry ingredients, in a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar and honey on medium-high speed until well-combined, 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, use a large mixing bowl and a handheld mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix once more.
With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips. Place heaping tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart on the baking mats, and bake for 10 minutes.
After the 10 minutes is up, remove the cookies from the oven and close the oven door. Place the marshmallows sticky-side down in the center of each cookie, and apply gentle pressure, ensuring it is secure in the cookie. Return cookies to the oven and bake for an additional 6 minutes.
As soon as the cookies comes back out of the oven, place a Hershey square or Kiss in the center. Allow to cool slightly on the pan, about 5 minutes.
Makes 30-36 cookies.