Strawberry Cookies are an easy drop cookie made from scratch with simple ingredients and real strawberries. They bake up soft and chewy with a cake-like texture, and are especially perfect for Valentine's day, spring and summer baking!
WHAT'S IN STRAWBERRY COOKIES
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Strawberry Preserves
Just about all drop cookie recipes can be broken up into 3 categories: Wet ingredients, dry ingredients, and the "add-in's." The add-in's for Strawberry Cookies are none-other than the star of the show -- Strawberries!
These cookies have double the dose of strawberry flavor thanks to a winning combination of strawberry preserves and real strawberries. You'll find the addition of lemon juice adds a little bit of tartness and rounds out the sweetness of the strawberries and sugar.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY COOKIES
Before you begin whipping up the batter for your Strawberry Cookies, remember to preheat the oven and have ready a baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. The baking mat will ensure you can easily remove your cookies from the sheet pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, followed by preserves, lemon, zest, and vanilla. Add food coloring, if using.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the strawberries.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
For a thick and chewy, cake-like Strawberry Cookie, you'll need to take the time to cream the butter and the sugar. This process is made especially easy if you have a stand mixer, but even if you don't, it will only take a few extra minutes. In the end, you'll find it well worth the effort.
These Strawberry Cookies have a soft and pillowy texture, and a flavor very similar to Strawberry Shortcake. They’re sweet, tart and the absolute perfect cookie to whip up in the spring or summertime!
5 MORE DESSERT RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- The Best Chewy M&M Cookies are perfect for holidays…or chore bait, whatever floats your boat. The perfect cookie base, all dressed up with colorful M&M’s!
- Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing & Berries are topped with a whipped strawberry cream cheese frosting and fresh berries. Plus, the secret to a perfectly whipped cream cheese frosting!
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Raspberry Filling are seriously decadent! Featuring a creamy raspberry filling sandwiched between two homemade chocolate wafers.
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberries are easier to make at home that you think! Use real, chopped chocolate or melting wafers — this recipe gives options for both, as well as fun new topping ideas to spruce them up!
- Peanut Butter Blondies are a salty-sweet dessert to savor! Sink your teeth into one of these for a bite of peanut buttery, melt-in-your-mouth bar cookie perfection.
A recipe for homemade Strawberry Cake Cookies made with real strawberries. Plus, an optional lemon glaze to go on top for an extra special touch.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops of red food coloring (optional)
- ⅔ cup about 6 strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
Preheat oven to 375° and have ready a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside until ready to use.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until lightened in color, about 3 minutes. If you don't have a stand mixer, use a medium-sized mixing bowl and a handheld mixer.
Crack the eggs into a glass measuring pitcher. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add in the strawberry preserves, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and red food coloring and mix until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix once more.
With the mixer on low, begin adding in the dry ingredients a little at a time until all has been incorporated. Add in the strawberries and mix on low until incorporated.
Scoop out a generous tablespoon of dough and transfer to the baking sheet, spacing about 1” apart. Bake 10-12 minutes. Serve and enjoy.