Super creamy, No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream is made easy with whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and cocoa powder! It's über chocolatey, speckled with semi-sweet chocolate chunks, and it is guaranteed to be any chocolate lover's favorite summertime dessert!
Simple to make and budget-friendly, this No-Churn Ice Cream is perfect for feeding a crowd on a hot day or making at home with the kids. It takes less than 15 minutes to assemble, and after just a few hours in the freezer, it's ice cream time!
If you are an ice cream lover and chocolate is your go-to, you are going to adore this easy No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe. Looking for more easy ice cream recipes to try? Bookmark our extra creamy Peanut Butter Milkshake or this copycat Cookies and Cream Shake -- just like Chick-fil-a's, only a fraction of the cost!
Blue Bell Ice Cream is king in the South and for good reason -- it's totally and completely delicious. Their Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream is rich with the perfect balance of bitter and sweet, and if you're a fan of Dutch Chocolate, you're really going to love this No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream.
THE TEXTURE OF NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
Don't expect the texture of No-Churn Ice Cream to be an exact replica of ice cream made in an ice cream maker. The texture of No-Churn Ice Cream is more custard-like, creamier, and lingers just a little bit longer on the palette. Almost more like a gelato than ice cream. No complaints here.
NO-CHURN ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
- Whipped Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream has two essential ingredients: heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. These two ingredients play very important roles together. Other ingredients include cocoa powder, pure vanilla extract, and salt.
If you love a good no-churn ice cream recipe, be sure to check out our Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream next!
WHY SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK?
Sweetened condensed milk plays a very important role when it comes to No-Churn Ice Cream. Sure, it is the sweetening factor in No-Churn Ice Cream, but there's much more to it than that. According to EagleBrand.com, not only does sweetened condensed milk serve as a wonderful thickener, but it also helps to minimize the formation of ice crystals, ensuring a smooth and creamy texture.
HOW TO MAKE NO-CHURN CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
- Whip the Cream -- Heavy whipping cream gets whipped to stiff peaks. To ensure you've made it all the way to stiff peaks, simply turn the beaters upward toward the ceiling. If the cream does not fall or slope downward, and the peaks stay in place facing the ceiling, you've officially reached stiff peaks.
- Combine Ingredients -- The sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder all go into a bowl. Once all of those ingredients are mixed together, it's time to add the whipped cream.
- Fold in ⅓ of the Cream -- Fold in about a third of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk, one big scoop at a time. See the recipe card for notes on folding whipped cream, if needed.
- Stir in the Remaining Cream -- Once a third of the whipped cream has been incorporated into the sweetened condensed milk, add the condensed milk mixture to the whipped cream and continue to fold until it all comes together.
- Add to a Loaf Pan and Freeze -- The ice cream is added to a chilled loaf pan, and it's off to the freezer. If you want the No-Churn Ice Cream to freeze faster, you'll want to use a metal loaf pan. Allow up to 3 hours in the freezer (or up to overnight) before serving.
5 MORE CHOCOLATE DESSERTS YOU'LL LOVE
- Chocolate Coconut Bars are gooey bar cookies equipped with a buttery graham cracker crust with layers of chocolate and coconut. They consist of 5 main ingredients and come together with less than 10 minutes of prep time!
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons are made with sweetened condensed milk and finely shredded coconut. The perfect gluten-free cookie for entertaining!
- Fudgy Walnut Brownies are a bite-sized treat with a quick-fix topping of melted chocolate and chopped walnuts.
- Reece’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie is a gorgeous, mile-high pie equipped with a cool and creamy peanut butter filling, speckled with decadent bites of chopped Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups. The fluffy filling sits on top of an Oreo pie crust, and the whole shebang is finished with a cascade of dreamy whipped cream.
- Chocolate Chip Brownies are soft, chewy and loaded with big chocolate flavor! Guaranteed to be the best you’ve ever had!
The very best recipe for super creamy, rich no churn chocolate ice cream boasting big chocolate flavor!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon + a pinch fine sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
Have ready a chilled loaf pan.
Add the whipping cream to the bowl of stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. If you do not have a stand mixer, use a large bowl and a handheld mixer. Whip the cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks have formed. Set the whipped cream aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt until well combined. The mixture will be thick.
Add a large scoop of the whipped cream to the sweetened condensed milk mixture, and gently fold it in. Repeat until a third of the whipped cream has been incorporated.
Take the sweetened condensed milk mixture and add it into the bowl of whipped cream. Fold it into the whipped cream, resisting the urge to stir. Add the chocolate chunks, and fold to incorporate throughout the cream mixture.
Add to the loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap, and transfer to the freezer. Freeze for at least 3 hours or up to overnight. Serve and enjoy.
Folding Whipped Cream -- To fold whipped cream, add a scoop of it to the center of the bowl. Then, you'll use a large rubber spatula starting in the center of the bowl and cut it downward toward the edge of the bowl. Use the spatula to bring the ingredients from the bottom of the bowl up and over, while turning the bowl counterclockwise as you bring the spatula back upward.
LOOKING FOR MORE ICE CREAM RECIPES TO TRY?!