Looking for a fun way to step up Italian dinners at home? Take spaghetti and meatballs to the next level with this delicious Meatball Casserole! Fresh ingredients like Carando® Fresh Italian-Style Meatballs and Bertolli® Marinara Sauce help to get your casserole underway fast! Add a hefty dose of Parmesan cheese and a layer of stretchy mozzarella to the top, and bake until hot and bubbly for an effortless dinnertime win!
This post has been sponsored by Carando and Bertolli®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Delicious Italian dinners don't have to take all day in the kitchen. In fact, all you need are a few minutes to prep and your local Kroger for a few ready-made dinnertime helpers! You'll find the shopping list for this Meatball Casserole short and sweet, and all of the items are conveniently located and easy to find. If you're a planner and you like to order your groceries online, be sure to add the coupon for these ingredients as you're building your Kroger ClickList cart and save!
If you're partial to doing your own grocery shopping, you'll find Carando Fresh Italian-Style Meatballs located in the meat department—the perfect ready-made meatball for those who prefer working with bold flavors and fresh meat! Bertolli® Marinara Sauce is precisely where you'd expect it to be: in the pasta aisle. Thanks to this flavorful sauce, your Meatball Casserole is especially easy to make. No extra chopping or measuring herbs and spices—this marinara comes fully loaded with flavor.
MEATBALL CASSEROLE INGREDIENTS
We don't always have enough time to make it all from scratch. This is where high-quality dinnertime helpers like ready-to-bake Carando Abruzzese Fresh Italian Meatballs and Bertolli® Marinara Sauce come in. These two ingredients do the brunt of the work for you, and I can guarantee that dinner casseroles do not get a whole lot easier or tastier than this.
Carando Abruzzese Fresh Italian Meatballs give you a head start in the kitchen and are absolutely perfect for homemade Italian meals like this Meatball Casserole! Forget seasoning and shaping meatballs from scratch—Carando does it for you, delivering a simple way to make delicious Italian dishes! They're seasoned with carefully selected Italian herbs, spices, parsley, and grated Parmesan Cheese for an authentic-style Italian flavor.
With its authentic Italian heritage, Bertolli® Marinara Sauce is made from a simple way of cooking, using simple ingredients. Juicy ripe tomatoes, herbs, and garlic are cooked in olive oil to lock in layers of flavor. Using a handful of quality ingredients to make the most out of a sauce is the Tuscan way, and you will taste the Tuscan difference.
In addition to two packages of meatballs and marinara, you'll also need the following ingredients for your Meatball Casserole:
- 1 package of Spaghetti Noodles
- 2 Eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large (12 oz) package of Mozzarella Cheese
As you can tell, we love an easy meatball recipe. For another favorite, try our baked turkey meatballs!
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALL CASSEROLE
- Bake the Meatballs - To kick off your Meatball Casserole, you'll need to cook the meatballs first. Cook them according to package instructions, then remove them from the oven and reduce the temperature to 375°.
- Cook the Spaghetti - Bring a large salted pot of water to a roaring boil and cook the pasta. Strain and set aside until ready to use.
- Combine Ingredients - In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, and eggs. Toss in the spaghetti and lastly, the marinara. Stir until evenly coated with sauce.
- Assemble the Casserole - Transfer to the casserole dish. Top with the baked meatballs, followed by a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake - Bake the Meatball Casserole uncovered for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Actually, the longer you allow it to cool—the more the casserole servings will stay together when cut. Then, serve and enjoy!
5 MORE PASTA CASSEROLES YOU’LL LOVE
- Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- Shells and Cheese
- Lasagna Bolognese
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Bake
- Ground Turkey Casserole with Pasta
Easy Meatball Casserole comes together fast! Featuring ready-made meatballs, pasta, and marinara sauce, topped with Mozzarella and baked until bubbly!
- 2 (1 pound) packages Carando Abruzzese Meatballs
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 ½ cups (about 1 ½ jars) Bertolli Traditional Marinara
- 1 large (12 ounce) package fresh mozzarella medallions, patted dry (or 1 ½ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese)
Cook the meatballs according to package instructions. Then, adjust the oven temperature to 375° and have ready a greased 9x13" casserole dish.
Bring a large, salted pot of water to a roaring boil and cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Strain and set aside until ready to use.
In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, and eggs. Toss in the spaghetti, and lastly, the marinara. Stir until evenly coated with sauce and transfer to the casserole dish. Top with the baked meatballs, followed by a layer of Mozzarella.
Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before cutting, serve and enjoy!