There are thousands of ways to mix up a martini, but for chocolate lovers, there’s only one. Sweet, delicious, and just the right amount of boozy, this Chocolate Martini Recipe made with Godiva liqueur, vodka, and creamy half-and-half is the perfect beginning or ending to any evening at home!
CHOCOLATE MARTINI INGREDIENTS
- Vodka – Start with a good, quality vodka. You can use plain, raspberry or vanilla flavored vodka for mixing up Chocolate Martinis. Note, the flavored vodkas will make the cocktail sweeter than plain vodka would.
- Chocolate Liqueur – Chocolate liqueur puts the chocolate in your chocolate martini. Well, that and a little chocolate syrup, if you should choose to use it. You can use white or dark chocolate liqueur/creme de cacao for this recipe.
- Half-and-Half – The higher the fat content in the dairy, the less you’ll taste the bite of the booze. In fact, you could even use heavy whipping cream for a Chocolate Martini with a full-bodied, rich mouthfeel. On the other hand, if you’re a vodka connoisseur and you don’t want to miss a thing, feel free to sub in whole milk for the half-and-half.
WHAT IS CHOCOLATE LIQUEUR?
All liqueurs are made from a base liquor (e.g. vodka, gin, rum, etc…) with flavor added to it. In the case of Chocolate Liqueur, chocolate is the flavor added to the base liquor.
LIST CHOCOLATE LIQUEURS
- Tempus Fugit Créme de Cacoa
- Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa
- Dorda Double Chocolate Liqueur
- Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Bicerin Italian Chocolate Liqueur
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE MARTINI
- Add Ingredients To Ice-Filled Shaker – Add vodka, chocolate liqueur, and half-and-half to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake – Add the lid and shake vigorously for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Strain – Strain into a martini glass, serve, and enjoy!
If you don’t have a shaker or martini glasses, you can still make this cocktail at home! Simply combine all of the ingredients in a rocks glass filled with ice and stir. Then, serve and enjoy!
MAKING MARTINIS FOR A CROWD?
If you’re making this Chocolate Martini Recipe for a crowd, leave the cocktail shaker behind. You’ll only be able to fit about two martinis in the shaker at once, so if you’re making cocktails for a large number of people, you’ll do a lot more mixing and shaking than visiting with your friends. No thanks.
If this is the case, just multiply the ingredient quantities of this Chocolate Martini Recipe by the number of people you are serving, add it to a pitcher full of ice, stir until very chilled, and serve in martini glasses, taking care not to get ice into the glasses.
HOW TO DRIZZLE CHOCOLATE IN A MARTINI GLASS
If you want to take your Chocolate Martini to the next level, drizzle the martini glass with chocolate syrup! Just about any brand will do, but make sure you use syrup, not hot fudge sauce.
Start by tilting the martini glass at a 45° angle. Gently squeeze the chocolate syrup bottle (you only want a thin stream to come out). Aim for the upper portion of the glass. Once the syrup makes contact, twirl it slowly, allowing the syrup to fall in a spiral pattern toward the bottom of the glass.
WAYS TO GARNISH A CHOCOLATE MARTINI
- Shaved Chocolate Curls
- Chocolate-Covered Espresso Beans
- Cocoa Powder
- Whipped Cream
Easy Chocolate Martinis made with chocolate liqueur, vodka, and half-and-half.
- 1 ounce high-quality vodka
- 1 1/2 ounce chocolate liqueur (such as Godiva Chocolate Liqueur)
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) half-and-half
Add vodka, chocolate liqueur, and half-and-half to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Add the lid and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds.
Strain into a martini glass, serve, and enjoy!