Perfect for elegant summertime entertaining, as it is light and easy to eat and extremely versatile. This salad can be served on a platter alongside crudites, toast points or used as a filling for tea sandwiches.
Pairs perfectly with a chilled glass of white or sparkling wine.
- 1/3 c + 1 tbsp Crème Fraiche or Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Tbsp Dijon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- Clove of Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Minced Italian Flat Leafed Parsley
- 2 tsp Capers rinsed and chopped
- 1 tsp Minced Fresh Dill
- 1 tsp Minced Fresh Tarragon
- ¾ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
In a medium sized bowl, whisk ingredients together until well blended and set aside.
- 12 Jumbo 15/20 Shrimp, wild caught
- 8 oz Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Stalks of Celery minced
- 1 Serrano Pepper seeded and minced
- ¼ c Green Onions thinly sliced
Bring a pot of water to boil. Peel and devein shrimp, removing the tails. Place in boiling water for 3-5 minutes, just until pink. Remove and set aside until cooled.
Roughly chop shrimp, and add to the dressing along with the remaining ingredients. Gently fold into dressing until evenly coated and place in refrigerator to chill, about one hour.
Once cooled, serve along with crudités, toast points or as a spread for tea sandwiches. Should be eaten the day of.
Makes about 3 cups
Would pair well with:
Dry White Wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio