If you've got a hankering for something refreshing, but with booze in it, this is your cocktail, right here. It's the perfect combination of sweet and sour, without that overwhelming pucker that comes from...well, sweet and sour. This Fizzy Blood Orange Margarita is a pleasant twist on a margarita featuring ginger liqueur and sparkling blood orange soda.
It consists of all the margarita essentials: Tequila, orange liqueur, and fresh lime. However, you'll also find a few well-received curve balls that set this beauty apart.
New additions like the sweet ginger liqueur, coconut water, and sparkling blood orange soda enhance the base of the margarita and make for one smooth sipping cocktail.
- Ginger Liqueur
- Orange Liqueur
- Coconut Water
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Blood Orange Soda
HOW TO MAKE A FIZZY BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA
This beverage is about as easy as cocktail recipes come. There's no cocktail shaker needed, no strenuous juicing involved -- only the squeeze of a lime and little mixing.
MAKE IT A PITCHER!
If you'd like to make a pitcher of Blood Orange Margaritas, multiply the ingredient quantities by 6. This has been done for you below:
- ¾ cup tequila
- ¾ cup ginger liqueur
- ⅓ cup orange liqueur
- ¾ cup coconut water
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 ½ cup (12 ounces) blood orange soda
Add all but the blood orange soda to the pitcher. Divide the margaritas across six ice-filled rocks glasses, top with blood orange soda and stir.
HOW TO MAKE A SUGAR RIM
To make a zesty sugar rim, you'll need to do it before adding the ice!
Pour 2 tablespoons of sugar and the zest of 1 lime onto a plate and mix. Take a lime wedge and run it around the perimeter of the glass. Then, press the rim of the glass into the sugar and fill with ice.
4 MORE MARGARITA RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE
- Frozen Strawberry Margaritas are made easy with frozen strawberries and limeade! No fancy blender needed!
- Coconut Margaritas taste like a tropical creamsicle and feature freshly squeezed orange juice, lime juice, coconut cream, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- The Ultimate Guide to Margaritas At Home — Top-shelf margarita at home will cost you less per drink than a bottom-shelf margarita just about anywhere else. Try these classic renditions frozen, on the rocks, or as Mexican Martini!
- Peach Margaritas have all the basic components of a margarita, only they’re a bit more exciting thanks to peach liqueur and nectar!
Fizzy Blood Orange Margarita is a pleasant twist on a traditional margarita recipe featuring sparkling blood orange soda, coconut water, and more!
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur such as Canton
- ½ ounce orange liqueur such as Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce coconut water
- Juice of 1 lime plus extra for garnish, if desired
- 2 ounces Blood Orange Soda such as San Pellegrino's Sparkling Blood Orange Soda (regular orange soda with do, as well)
To make a zesty sugar rim, pour sugar and lime zest onto a plate and mix. Take a lime wedge and run it around the perimeter of the glass. Press the rim of the glass into the sugar and fill with ice.
Pour tequila, ginger liqueur, orange liqueur, coconut water and lime juice over iced glass. Stir to combine. Add orange soda, stir once more and garnish with a lime wedge.